Official documents that you can prove at offices, embassies or other state institutions in Lebanon must be legalized by superlegalization. What is superlegalization of documents, how to make it?

Superlegalization of documents for Lebanon

If you need to use the relevant Austrian document in Lebanon, then you have to superlegalize it. It is a so-called legalization, i.e. a legal component that proves the verification of the stamp, signature and accuracy of data on a given document in another state, in the form of affixing superlegalization certificates by the competent authority.

In contrast to apostille, it is necessary to place two, sometimes four superlegalization clauses or certificates from several ministries, embassies or the competent authority on each document during superlegalization. How to handle the superlegalization of a document, what do you need to know for the correct execution of superlegalization and how is this process paid for in foreign countries?

Marriage, Temporary Residence or Acquisition of Citizenship in Lebanon

Are you planning to hold a wedding ceremony in Lebanon or do you want to resolve a temporary stay or citizenship in this country? In this case, it is necessary to arrange for the superlegalization of your birth certificate, marriage certificate and extract from the criminal record.

Execution of Superlegalization in Lebanon

If you need to handle the superlegalization of documents in Lebanon, for their use in Austria, you must prepare for lengthy paperwork, including the settlement of fees at the relevant office. Superlegalization of documents most often concerns the birth certificate, diploma, certificate, marriage certificate or extract from the criminal record. For trouble-free and, above all, timely completion of superlegalization, we recommend using the services of our experts, who will help you negotiate legalization in time and without unnecessary additional fees.

Study or Work in Lebanon

Studying in Lebanon is prestigious for Austrian students, as is adult work in this country. For these purposes, it is necessary to arrange the superlegalization of a diploma or certificate. For work in Lebanon, we also recommend arranging the nostrification of your diploma or certificate.

Forms for Superlegalization

The application for superlegalization of the relevant document is completed on a pre-printed form, which can be found on the Office’s website or in its filing office. If you decide to use the online form, then use the latest version. In our country and abroad, the forms are regularly updated. If you use an out-of-date version of the form, your request will most likely not be processed. To complete it, you need to know the official language, including legal and professional terminology. Use the current document for superlegalization. Most authorities accept the age of a document between six months and three years, depending on the specific case. If the document is older, apply for a new one, again at the relevant office. Here again, keep in mind that a new document is subject to a statutory period of 30 days. If you need an urgent settlement, expect a fee, according to the relevant price list, which can be found on the website of the competent authority.

How long does it Take to Complete the Superlegalization of a Document and When will it be Delivered?

The time of processing the superlegalization of the document depends on the correct completion of the form, documentation of the necessary documents, payment to the competent authority and subsequent delivery by post or courier service. The whole process is time consuming. If you have no experience with superlegalization, we recommend that you contact our specialists at We will be happy to help you with not only superlegalization, but also with apostille or nostrification of diplomas.